Program cancelled for Spring 2021
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Peru
Lima, Peru is home to approximately 8 million people and is situated in the central coastal region of Peru. The intermingling of Western and Andean cultures has created a rich and varied cultural tradition which finds its reflection in architecture, art, handicrafts, and varied cuisine, music, and folklore. In Lima, the past and present are interwoven, and the archaeological remains of ancient civilizations form part of this modern and cosmopolitan city. Lima is the cultural center of Peru and offers entertainment in the form of theaters, cinemas, cafes, and discotheques, which are found most prominently in Miraflores and Barranco, the city's two foremost cultural districts.
The Direction of International Relations and Cooperation at PUCP offers advising services for overseas students, including academic advice and general guidance to help students integrate into the University community. Course offerings include academic areas of specialization such as: fine arts, management and accounting, mathematics, physics, anthropology, sociology, economics, archaeology, philosophy, geography, history, literature, and psychology.
Students can take up to 12 PUCP credits per semester. One credit is equivalent to one hour of classroom instruction per week throughout the semester. Students should expect to take approximately 4 courses per semester.
NOTE About Language Placement Tests: If you are not taking Spanish at UNC but believe you have the equivalency required, please take the free UNC online language test (this is not the language placement test that you may have already taken). Send your name, PID, and email to Elizabeth Bruno (email@example.com). She will add you to Sakai where the test is set. You will then take the test at any time and will have 40 minutes in which to complete the test. Once you have completed the assessment test, send him the link to the Study Abroad language assessment form and he will complete that based on your results.
Courses in this program are Transfer Credit.
Transfer Credit Courses (not taught by UNC Faculty): ACTION REQUIRED
- You must submit the Credit Request Form to earn any credit for your time abroad.
- You must earn the equivalent of a C or higher to earn any credit.
- These courses will transfer back to UNC as “TREQ” credits.
- Complete the required UNC application by clicking “Apply Now” at the top of the page. If you have not done so already, create a profile to start your application.
- The Study Abroad Office will review applications and nominate qualified students to the host institution.
- Nominated students are required to complete an application for the host institution. Follow instructions provided by the Study Abroad Advisor and make note of all deadlines.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed