Students interested in short-term, intensive study abroad are invited to take advantage of our summer program, which offers unique, experience-based opportunities for learning.
Summer is an exceptional time to study in Greece. Our unique courses are tailored to combine academics with authentic experiences, taking advantage of the sun, the sea, and the vibrant summer culture from Athens to the surrounding islands. Explore our country's rich history, get involved in archaeological excavations and delve into Economics, History, Anthropology, and so much more, this summer at CYA.
Our summer courses are offered in two consecutive 4-week sessions that run between the May and July. They are arranged so that motivated students may earn credit in complementary courses. Students take one course per session. Each 4 week course/session consists of 60 contact hours.
Most summer courses start in Athens and take study trips to different regions and islands of Greece. Check out each course's syllabus to see where that course travels.
Seminar classes max out at 12 students; all other classes average 15 students.
While in Athens, students live in the CYA apartments, which are located in central Athens and are a short walk to the academic center. On class trips, students stay in hotels.
Lunch is provided Monday through Friday while students are in Athens.
Program fees include tuition, lodging in a furnished student apartment or hotel unit, course materials, a farewell lunch or dinner and, where applicable, field trips and co-curricular activities. Cost varies by course. See the full list of courses below or visit our website
for more information!
- Onsite and experience-based classes
- Study-travel at breathtaking sites across Greece
- Personalized attention from dedicated faculty and staff
- Delve into a subject of interest with intensive course structure
Experience the gorgeous Greek summer!
Summer Session I (May 29 - June 24, 2023)
Summer Session II (June 26 - July 22, 2023)
- The Strangeness of Ancient Greece: Diversity, Difference, and Regionality among the Greek States (Athens, Corfu, Epirus, Peloponnese)
- When Egypt Meets the Aegean: Interconnections in the Bronze Age (Eastern Mediterranean, Thera [Santorini], Crete, Athens)
- "Islomania": An Exploration of Contemporary Art in the Greek Islands
- Plague, Politics, & Populism | Classical Athens as Parable for Modern Greece and Europe (Athens, Delphi, Delos, Mykonos)
- Health and Healing in the Ancient Greek World (Athens, Kos)
- Becoming a Traveler: Writing in Greece (Athens, Poros, Nauplion)
- The Geography of Faith: Paul and the Emergence of Christianity in Greece (Athens, Corinth, Philippi, Thessaloniki)
Special Course with DIS (June 3 - July 29, 2023)
- Excavating in the Aegean: The Despotiko Field School (Paros, Antiparos)
- Plundering Greek Antiquity: Collectors, Museums, and Archeological Ethics (Naxos, Crete, Thessaloniki)
- Wind Energy Fundamentals
- Making Love and War in the Medieval Mediterranean: Cross-Cultural Encounters in the Middle and Late Byzantine Periods
- Reason & Revelation: Paganism and Christianity
- Cultural Considerations in Understanding Family Dynamics
- Greek Island Architecture: Culture, and Identity (Naxos, Amorgos, Santorini, Tinos)
Tasting Culture: Nordic & Mediterranean Food, Tradition & Nutrition (Greece: Athens, island of Ikaria; Denmark: Copenhagen, Island of Samsø)
“This program offers an experience like no other! You will get to study the deep history of ancient Greece first-hand and immerse yourself in the rich culture of Greece. I took a religion and history class within my one month class and I learned things I never would have considered! Our class even took day trips to beautiful historical sites where we would take advantage of the location to learn extra details about ancient Greece. The CYA staff really encourages you to live like you were born there and everyone is so friendly. My favorite thing abroad was definitely the food; authentic Greek cuisine is found no where else and tastes like nothing you've ever tasted.” Vincent Gadioma (Fairfield University) - Summer 2019
More Questions? Visit our website
or email us at email@example.com