CET Beijing: Intensive Language
CET Beijing, in operation since 1982, has Chinese language learning down to a science. Intensive Chinese language classes are taught by outstanding, seasoned instructors. Chinese language excursions get you out the door and into the city. A full-time Chinese language pledge keeps language learning going around the clock. And Chinese roommates share every part of the experience. You'll make exceptional gains in your language skills over the course of the term. This program is open to all language levels, from beginners to heritage learners.
Your Chinese Will Improve by Leaps and Bounds.
Visit the CET website to apply and learn more about this program
- A full load of intensive, integrated Chinese language classes that cover at least one year of Chinese in a term.
- Full-time Chinese language pledge.
- Chinese roommates.
- No language prerequisite for the fall, spring and summer terms.
- The four-week January Term is a perfect warm up to any spring China program. It is open to students with at least 3 previous semesters of Chinese.
Courses in this program are Transfer Credit.
Review the Budget Sheet posted above for detailed information on costs and fees. Costs vary per term and are subject to change.
Tuition and fees for the program are set based on the host institution’s rates, and will be charged to the participant’s UNC student account. Always refer to the Budget Sheet on this page, and not the host institution’s posted rates, as it is customized for UNC students. Review the Budget Sheet for additional Cashier Billed Expenses and Out-of-Pocket Costs. The Study Abroad Office strongly encourages students to budget carefully for their time abroad.
Getting Started: Funding Study Abroad
Follow these steps to apply for this program:
- Complete the required UNC application by clicking “Apply Now” at the top of the page. If you have not done so already, create a profile to start your application.
- Contact your Study Abroad Advisor for further instructions for any additional supplemental application requirements.
- In order to participate in the program, both the Study Abroad Office and partner institution must accept your application. Note that decision notification timelines may differ.
For information on requesting ARS accommodations (academic, health, and mobility concerns) for a study abroad program, contact the Advisor for Access