Programs : Budget Sheet
The following listing represents the Spring Budget Sheet for DIS: Copenhagen.
Spring Budget Sheet for DIS: Copenhagen
|Budget Item||Non-exchange/Direct Enroll/Faculty-Led|
|Study Abroad Admin Fee *||$925.00|
|Tuition & Fees - Semester (Non-exchange) *||$17,200.00|
|Program Costs (billed) *||$6,850.00|
|Insurance - GeoBlue (Required) *||$186.00|
|Cashier Billed Expenses subtotal:||$25,161.00|
|Personal Expenses (estimate)||$1,000.00|
|Out-of-Pocket Estimates subtotal:||$4,115.00|
Understanding the Program BudgetLine items on the budget sheet are sorted into two sections:
- Billable Expenses: Cashier Billed Expenses are charges applied to your UNC Student Account. You will not pay tuition or program fees to your host institution abroad. Charges and deadlines occur on the same timeline as billing for the term at UNC. See the University Cashier’s Important Dates page for more information.
- Non-billable Estimates: In addition to the program costs paid to UNC, you will have expenses associated with international travel and living abroad. These are estimated out of pocket expenses you pay yourself. The given amounts are estimated costs based on current exchange rates and on the information provided to us by your host institution and past participants. Depending on your personal spending habits, you may spend more or less than the figures provided. Please note that these expenses do not include vacation travel or sightseeing.
- Application Fee: The Application Fee is non-refundable and must be paid by the Application Deadline. See your program application for more details.
- Study Abroad Fee: The Study Abroad Administrative Fee will be billed to your student account only if you accept an offer from the Study Abroad Office to study abroad. If you withdraw from a program after accepting the offer, you still will be charged in the same billing cycle. However, you may apply the paid fee to a future UNC Study Abroad program.
- Tuition & Fees: Students will be billed by UNC the program sponsor/host university tuition rates (rate listed is an estimate and is subject to change due to exchange rate fluctuations - charges to your student account may be adjusted once UNC receives the final invoice from the host institution, which may be after you have paid your UNC bill).
- Amount listed includes tuition; personal liability insurance; rental of a complete set of textbooks; field study events; use of DIS facilities, incl. library and computer labs; orientation and some cultural events.
- The amount listed includes a $4000 DIS - UNC Discount
- Program Costs: Amount listed includes furnished housing, local transportation, some meals, cultural and social events, study tour travel and logistics, and the required Residence Permit.
PLEASE SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR FAMILY
|* Billable item|