Mahidol's International College uses English as its medium of instruction and is comprised of faculty and students from Thailand and around the world. UNC students will take an introduction to Thai language and culture course, and can choose their other courses from a wide variety of disciplines. International students are fully integrated into the social and academic life at MUIC, allowing for a richer experience and a deeper understanding of Thai people and society.
For more information on the course offerings at MUIC please look here!
Mahidol University follows a trimester system. Students wishing to study abroad during UNC's Fall semester will attend Mahidol's 1st trimester (mid-September to mid-December). Spring students will attend the 2nd trimester (early January to late March).
PLEASE NOTE: generally a 4 credit course at MUIC is the equivalent of a 3 credit hour course at UNC. Participants will take 4 classes per MUIC trimester, and will transfer back 12 UNC credits per semester.
Courses in this program are Transfer Credit.
Transfer Credit Courses (not taught by UNC Faculty): ACTION REQUIRED
- You must submit the Credit Request Form to earn any credit for your time abroad.
- You must earn the equivalent of a C or higher to earn any credit.
- These courses will transfer back to UNC as “TREQ” credits.
Chaiyapruk Village is only a ten-minute bicycle ride from campus. This quiet community has its own swimming pool, rec center, and restaurant. Each room in the house is fully furnished with a/c, private bathroom and telephone. In addition, the Village has a shared laundry room, computer room, common room with satellite television, kitchen, and dining room.
Green Park Home is surrounded by restaurants, is a short bus ride from campus, and is within walking distance of the historical Buddhamonthon Park. This comfortable 3-story complex consists of 39 rooms (singles and shared) with shared bathroom facilities. The rooms are fully furnished and include air conditioning. Students have access to a lounge and kitchen, internet, cable TV, and international IDD telephone service as well as laundry and cleaning services.
Review the Budget Sheet posted above for detailed information on costs and fees. Costs vary per term and are subject to change.
Tuition and fees for the exchange program is equal to UNC’s rate, based on NC residency status, and will be charged to the participant’s UNC student account. Review the Budget Sheet for additional Cashier Billed Expenses and Out-of-Pocket Costs. The Study Abroad Office strongly encourages students to budget carefully for their time abroad.
Getting Started: Funding Study Abroad
- Complete the required UNC application by clicking “Apply Now” at the top of the page. If you have not done so already, create a profile to start your application.
- The Study Abroad Office will review applications and nominate qualified students to the host institution.
- Nominated students are required to complete an application for the host institution. Follow instructions provided by the Study Abroad Advisor and make note of all deadlines.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|NOTE: Program dates are generally as follows: Spring - Early January to Early April|